Thursday, December 30, 2004

Going to be a tough New Years

I hope everybody had a great Merry Christmas and got what they wanted.

It was sad to hear about the earthquake and tsunami. My heart goes out to everybody, not just for the victims and families but also to anybody that has seen any kind of life turning event.

Christmas season was going on great until my wife last night snapped, we were eating dinner and our cat decided he was going to throw-up. I was just about to stand up to clean it up but she got up ahead of me and started to clean it up and flush it down the toilet. While she was doing that I went and grabbed paper towels and started to clean up the rest of it. I left one sheet of paper towel on the floor where the cat made a mess so we would not step on the wet carpet. When she sat back down to eat she started to cry, so I asked her what was bothering her. She told me that she was doing everything around the apartment and was stressed and didn't want to eat and was going to bed. After that she would not talk to me. I thought to myself "She does what? Everything?!". Did that every make me mad. She does not work and sleeps till 3pm when I'm at work and I do just as much or more at home. That night she went to sleep at 9pm probably half an hour after she said she was going to bed.

This morning I got up took my shower and got ready for work said good morning to her and what do I get, silence. I asked if she was going to still drive me to work like always and she says, "NO, I'm still feeling stressed." Well that left me with 15 minutes to make my coffee grab everything and drive there to find parking. I guess I should have known that she wouldn't drive me but that was my own fault for thinking that she would. Anyways I called her in the afternoon and talked to her for a bit and asked how she was doing, she said fine and that she was watching the World Junior Hockey game on TV (she's a huge hockey fan). That was great, only problem was when I got home she still barely talked to me and says that she was going to take a bath and relax. When I asked her what she wanted for dinner all I get was "Don't care". So while I was trying to figure out what I was going to make I recieved a phone call from a friend/co-worker who was groped at work by a customer. I have been trying to help her deal with this because she is one of my best friends. Well my wife heard me talking to her and starts to give he shit because she was calling me for help and says that She doesn't want me talking to her anymore. After about 1 hour of this I told her that I was going outside to cool off, 10 minutes later she's walking out the door and yelling that I don't love her anymore! I'm getting to the point where sometimes I think that maybe I'm the right person for her but I love her so much that I can't walk away. She always thinking that I don't love her but I don't know how to show her anymore than I already do. Its been a couple hours since she left, getting worried but she called my cousin and my aunt said she would call her and talk to her.

I'll write again when I figure out whats going on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my first marriage. Is your wife on Zoloft too? Hang in there man. I know that is not very comforting and you probably use your blog as a vent rather than for soliciting advice.

Happy New Years.

Trickish Knave
http://alohadump.blogspot.com

December 31, 2004 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

Sounds like you have your hands full. Good luck!

Hopefully 2005 will be a much better year.

January 1, 2005 at 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a saint for going through all this and still being there for her. I do hope things get better for you and your wife. I can only imagine how hard it must be at times. Hang in there!

Geneva
http://surfrbelle.bravejournal.com

January 5, 2005 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home