Thursday, October 21, 2004

Friends Allowed?

Today she dropped me off at work like most days, I do this to try to do something. Everyday she's sleeping till 3 pm and staying awake till 4 am. I do not like this, and I tell her. What the problem is today is that she didn't seem very happy. So I sasked her if she was alright, and she told me she was OK. Even as I tried to get more out of her she said nothing. This evening approx. 7:30 a female co-worker called me, just a good friend that listens to me and has helped her during her last episode. My wife seems to think that there is something going on. My biggest problem with that is I love my wife and have explained to her why she calls me. This is not the first time it seem a female in my life has gotten her upset, my own sister. My grandfather passed away last year and I had to pick her up at the airport, brought her to the church and gave her a hug when she saw his body from the aisles because she was about to collapse. That next day she has a knife at her wrist and cutting herself, not deep but more than enough to scare the you know what out of me.

Right know I'm able to type this because she has decided that she's gonna go see a friend. She is pissed at me, why because I talked to somebody on the phone!!! I didn't hide any of the conversations I said everything my friend said I told her. I have lost so many contacts in the last 5 years that I have no friends outside of work. This hurts me I think as it hurts her, she just does not understand that. I need my friends to talk to but she won't let me without feeling guilty.

5 Comments:

Blogger GG said...

hello. i stumbled here from blogexplosion.
i feel as if i am somehow peeking into the most private of all journals here. but what i also feel is compassion. i will remember you and your wife and the strength of your marriage in my prayers.
-julia
http://400k.net

October 22, 2004 at 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're dealing with one of the most fustrating mental illnesses around. I hope you are getting some support. If not, find the nearest NAMI chapter and see what they can offer. Good luck to you and your wife...I know that this is a struggle for the both of you.

Jay

http://jaysheer.blogspot.com/

October 22, 2004 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger Bad Penny said...

Hello ~ I know this will seem trite and far too easy coming from a stranger who does not know you. BUT, to allow yourself to be broken, wounded and isolated does not make you better for your wife, it only makes you worse for you. If she is ever to get any better she has to take responsibility for herself and you have to maintain enough contact with reality to recognise what is helpful and what is not. Keep your friends. Get support. But mostly learn where your own boundaries lie and keep them. Best of luck to you!

October 22, 2004 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 23, 2004 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I got here from BlogExplosion. Just want to let you know that i will put you and your wife on my pray list. Be strong.

FYI, about a year ago my mom is having some mental disorder too (for about 2 years). The final comes to..we put her in a christian foundation to help her to recover. She spend the next 6 month in there. It was so hard for all of us...especially our father. She always accused my father cheating on her(which is not) and sometimes swear on him. But after the 6 month...she now in a good mental health, thank god. Now my father always accompanied her to the church on every sunday. It is best to leave everything's in God's hands.

Just do your best and let God do the rest. Have faith and keep praying. Gbu.

October 23, 2004 at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home